Bag it Rite kraft evidence bags vs. the alternatives
- Kraft evidence bags are superior as they prevent the degradation of DNA when compared with the traditional plastic evidence bag. Kraft breathable paper bags assist in the prevention of mold or mildew.
- For fingerprinting purposes, forensic identification technicians prefer items be seized, carried, and stored in kraft bags.
- Typically, kraft paper bags do not have an affixed closure seal; rolls of tape and scissors must be transported between crime scenes. This drastically increases the risk of cross contamination from crime scene to crime scene and from file to file. Bag it Rite provides an attached closure seal enabling immediate closure of the exhibit to reduce this risk of contamination.
- Bag It Rite evidence bags were designed to be user-friendly, allowing individuals and organizations to seize items professionally, regardless of expertise. They assist anyone from front end civilian staff to Major Crime Unit investigators and IHIT investigators in the seizure, chain of continuity, and storage of items.
- Instead of needing to manually affix a label to each bag, our bags are printed with labels prior to shipment.
- In addition to being pre-printed, our bags are printed with ink, rather than stamped preventing smudging in inclement weather.
Why are Bag It Rite bags unique?
- Bag It Rite evidence bags were created to meet the needs of those using them. They are made of breathable kraft paper rather than the traditional plastic. Our kraft bags decrease any degradation of valuable DNA evidence.
- Bag It Rite evidence bags were designed with a printed grid to record the movement of the exhibit to assist anyone from administrative personnel to law enforcement investigators, ensuring the continuity of the exhibit for court purposes.
- Bag It Rite evidence bags come with an attached closure system to maintain the integrity of the investigation from the initial moment of seizure onward. There is no longer a risk of possible contamination from closure tape or from tools being transferred from one crime scene to another.
- Bag It Rite evidence bags are in a bilingual English/French format.
- We stay ahead of the curve. Our bags have recently been updated after information was actively sought from front line law enforcement personnel, supervising watch commanders, and exhibit custodians. Included is current terminology consistent with the Pro’s and Prime computer platforms used by the law enforcement community. Our product was recently improved and is up to date.
Bag it Rite creates a truly superior evidence bag.